One bite of these crisp baskets and you wont be able to stop.
The ingredient of Poached eggs and salmon in potato rosti baskets
- 550g brushed Golden Delight potatoes, peeled, halved
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 60g pkt baby rocket leaves
- 300g smoked salmon
- Store-bought aioli, to serve (see Notes)
The instruction how to make Poached eggs and salmon in potato rosti baskets
- Place the potato and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with 2 layers of plastic wrap. Cook in microwave on high for 6 minutes or until potato softens slightly. Drain. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Spray four 250ml (1-cup) muffin pans with oil. Coarsely grate the potato into a large bowl. Add the olive oil and season. Use your hands to mix until well combined. Press the potato mixture evenly into the prepared pans. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and a little crisp. Set aside in the pans for 2-3 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, add vegetable oil to a small saucepan to come 1cm up the side. Heat over medium-high heat. Pat the capers dry with paper towel. Add to the saucepan. Stir for 1-2 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over medium heat. Add the vinegar. Crack the eggs into separate small bowls or cups. Carefully slide the eggs into the water. Cook for 3 minutes or until the whites are opaque and just firm. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the eggs to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Divide the potato baskets among plates. Top with the rocket, smoked salmon and eggs. Sprinkle with the fried capers. Serve with the aioli.
Nutritions of Poached eggs and salmon in potato rosti basketscalories: 399.13 calories
calories: 24 grams fat
calories: 4.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 19 grams carbohydrates
calories: 28 grams protein