Dense, chewy and rich, these brownies would be great popped in lunch boxes, but we suggest keeping them all to yourself!
The ingredient of Rich chocolate brownies
- Melted butter, to grease
- 250g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 230g unsalted butter, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 100g dark chocolate, extra, coarsely chopped
- 125g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 80g (1/2 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 125g dark chocolate, melted, cooled
The instruction how to make Rich chocolate brownies
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a 20 x 30cm (base measurement) shallow cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and 2 long sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water). Stir with a metal spoon until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the egg, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in the chocolate mixture. Add the flour, baking powder, walnut and extra chocolate, and stir until well combined. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes to cool before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the chocolate frosting, use an electric beater to beat the butter and icing sugar until pale and creamy. Add the chocolate and beat until fluffy. Spread over the brownie. Trim the edges and cut into squares to serve.
Nutritions of Rich chocolate browniescalories: