Be creative and turn a Toblerone bar into a decadent and pretty dessert.
The ingredient of Toblerone & almond brownies
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 200g butter
- 200g Toblerone dark chocolate bars
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- Icing sugar to dust
The instruction how to make Toblerone & almond brownies
- Preheat oven to 170C or 150C fan-forced. Lightly oil an 18 x 28cm slice tin and line with non-stick baking paper, overhanging the two long sides.
- Spread almonds onto oven try and bake for about 7 mins until golden. Set aside to cool. Place butter and 3/4 of Toblerone into a heatproof bowl and sit over saucepan of simmering water. Stir mixture occasionally until melted and smooth. Remove from pan and cool slightly. Chop remaining Toblerone into small pieces.
- Using electric beaters, beat eggs and sugar in large mixing bowl for 3 mins until light and foamy. Add chocolate mixture and beat briefly to combine.
- Sift flours and cocoa powder over bowl, fold in. Then fold in chopped Toblerone and toasted almonds. Pour brownie mixture into prepared tin and bake for 30 mins. Cool in pan, then refrigerate for 4 hrs until firm. Lift out and cut into small squares to serve.
- To decorate, cut a heart shape from a square of paper and hold paper stencil over a brownie. Place some icing sugar into a small sieve and shake over brownie. Repeat with 11 more brownies.
- To create reverse heart image, place the heart shape on top of another brownie and sift icing sugar over. Repeat with remaining brownies.
Nutritions of Toblerone & almond browniescalories: