For Christmas with a pop of colour, try this incredible ice-cream wreath cake. Its topped with cherries, watermelon and best of all? You can make it ahead of time.
The ingredient of Ice-cream wreath cake recipe
- 450g rectangle double unfilled sponge cake
- 1L good-quality strawberry ice-cream
- 1.5L good-quality vanilla ice-cream
- 4 scoops berry sorbet
- Small macarons, to decorate
- Mini meringues, to decorate
- Crushed freeze-dried strawberries, to decorate
- Chopped pistachio kernels, to decorate
- Watermelon stars, to decorate
- Fresh berries, to decorate
- Cherries, to decorate
- Mint leaves, to decorate
The instruction how to make Ice-cream wreath cake recipe
- Line base and side of a 22cm springform pan with baking paper. Place sponges next to each other, place pan on top and cut around edge of pan as close as you can. Fit sponge into base of pan. Use offcuts to fill gaps.
- Place a baking tray in freezer to chill. Use an ice-cream scoop to make 4 balls of strawberry ice-cream. Place on prepared tray and return tray to freezer. Use a large metal spoon to scrape flat pieces of remaining strawberry ice-cream and arrange over sponge. Use back of a spoon to press and smooth into an even layer (it will soften as you work). Place in freezer for 4 hours or until firm.
- Repeat with vanilla ice-cream to make 4 balls and vanilla layer over berry layer. Return to freezer. Add sorbet to tray. Cover balls and pan with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight.
- Transfer cake to a serving plate. Arrange ice-cream and sorbet balls around edge of cake. If not serving yet, return to freezer. Close to serving time, decorate with macarons, whole and crushed meringues, freeze-dried strawberries, pistachio, watermelon stars, berries, cherries and mint. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Ice-cream wreath cake recipecalories: