What a sweet dream are these bakes – into a tray, then into the oven!
The ingredient of Jam and cinnamon doughnut traybake
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar, extra
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 40g butter, melted
- Whipped cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Jam and cinnamon doughnut traybake
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above 2 long sides of pan.
- Combine flours and caster sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Combine oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla in a jug. Pour into well. Using a wooden spoon, stir until just combined (donu2019t over mix).
- Place 1/2 the jam in a small microwave-safe bowl. Add 2 teaspoons cold water. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 20 seconds or until warm. Combine extra sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Spread 1/2 the cake mixture into prepared pan. Drizzle with warm jam mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 the cinnamon sugar. Dollop small spoonfuls of remaining cake mixture over jam. Carefully spread to cover jam. Dollop teaspoons of remaining jam in rows, about 4cm apart, over cake mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Brush hot cake with melted butter. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar. Stand for 10 minutes (see Notes). Serve warm with whipped cream.
Nutritions of Jam and cinnamon doughnut traybakecalories: 362.802 calories
calories: 18.1 grams fat
calories: 6.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 44.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5.2 grams protein
calories: 49 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 216 milligrams sodium