Topped with gooey white chocolate ganache, this rich caramel mud cake is the ultimate dessert indulgence.
The ingredient of Caramel mud cake
- 300g butter, chopped
- 1 1/2 x 180g blocks white chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups caster sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 x 180g blocks white chocolate
- 2/3 cup thickened cream
The instruction how to make Caramel mud cake
- Place butter, chocolate, sugars and milk in a saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until smooth. Remove from heat. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C/130u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm round (base) cake pan. Line base and side with 3 layers of baking paper. Whisk flours and egg into chocolate. Pour into pan. Bake for 2 hours 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out with crumbs clinging. (Cover cake with foil if over browning during cooking.) Cool in pan.
- Make White chocolate ganache: Place chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe heat-proof bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) for 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring with a metal spoon halfway through. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Split cake. Place base on a plate. Spread over half the ganache. Top with cake top. Spread remaining ganache over top of cake. Drizzle with maple syrup just before serving.
Nutritions of Caramel mud cakecalories: 793.241 calories
calories: 45 grams fat
calories: 28 grams saturated fat
calories: 88 grams carbohydrates
calories: 72 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 139 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 253.66 milligrams sodium