Watermelon adds a festive sweetness to classic Greek flavours.
The ingredient of Greek salad with watermelon salsa
- 1/4 small seedless watermelon
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6 tablespoons (120ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 x 100g slices feta
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Warm pita bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Greek salad with watermelon salsa
- Preheat the oven to 170u00b0C.
- Cut the watermelon flesh into 0.5cm cubes and place in a bowl with the red onion, olives and parsley. Place the olive oil and lemon juice in a separate bowl, season with salt and pepper, then whisk lightly to combine.
- Place slices of feta on an oiled baking tray in oven for 5 minutes or until just warmed through. Place a slice on each plate, pile salsa over top and drizzle with dressing just before serving. Serve with lemon and warm pita bread, if desired.
Nutritions of Greek salad with watermelon salsacalories: 608.972 calories
calories: 52 grams fat
calories: 20 grams saturated fat
calories: 16 grams carbohydrates
calories: 13 grams sugar
calories: 19 grams protein
calories: 1297.69 milligrams sodium