Sweet or savoury popcorn? Try chilli, lime and kale as your next savoury option or coconut and cinnamon for sweet.
The ingredient of Chilli, lime and kale popcorn and coconut cinnamon popcorn
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 120g (1/2 cup) popping corn
- 1/2 bunch (about 90g) curly kale
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 1 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons natural sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
The instruction how to make Chilli, lime and kale popcorn and coconut cinnamon popcorn
- For the chilli, lime and kale topping, preheat the oven to 150C/130 fan forced. Remove kale leaves from thick centre stems. Discard stems. Tear leaves into pieces. Arrange the leaves, in a single layer, over 2 large baking trays. Spray lightly with oil. Bake, turning halfway through cooking, for 20 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add half the popping corn and cover tightly with a lid. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, for about 2 minutes (from when it starts to pop), until the popping sounds subside. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with another 2 teaspoons coconut oil and remaining popcorn.
- For the chilli, lime & kale popcorn, drizzle 1 tablespoon coconut oil over half the popcorn and sprinkle with lime rind and chilli powder. Quickly toss to combine evenly. Add kale chips, crushing slightly with your hands. Toss to combine. Season.
- For the coconut cinnamon popcorn, place the almonds and coconut in a frying pan. Stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining popcorn and coconut oil and sprinkle with the coconut sugar and cinnamon. Toss to combine.
Nutritions of Chilli, lime and kale popcorn and coconut cinnamon popcorncalories: