Delight your tastebuds with this creamy sweet pie - every bite is an explosion of sweet, zingy and coconutty flavours.
The ingredient of Key lime pie with strawberries
- 250g pkt Arnotts Granita biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 20g (1/4 cup) desiccated coconut
- 395g can Nestle Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh lime juice
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 punnets strawberries, washed, hulled, quartered
- Lime syrup, to serve
- Thickened cream, whipped, to serve
- 2 limes
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 220g caster sugar
The instruction how to make Key lime pie with strawberries
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter and coconut and process until combined. Press the mixture over the base and side of a 4cm-deep, 24cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin, with removable base. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Whisk the condensed milk, lime rind, lime juice and egg yolks in a bowl until well combined.
- Use an electric beater to whisk egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Fold half the egg white mixture into the lime mixture until just combined. Repeat with the remaining egg white mixture. Pour mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until just set. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool. Place in the fridge for 3 hours to chill.
- Place the pie on a serving plate. Combine strawberry and half the lime syrup (see right) in a bowl. Top the pie with the strawberry. Cut into wedges and drizzle with the remaining lime syrup. Serve with cream.
- Make lime syrup: Remove rind and pith from limes. Discard pith. Cut rind into thin strips. Juice the lime. Stir lime rind, water and caster sugar in a pan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Stir in lime juice. Transfer to a heatproof container. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
Nutritions of Key lime pie with strawberriescalories: 246.648 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 32 grams carbohydrates
calories: 26 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 66 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 130.32 milligrams sodium