These mini orange and almond cakes are the perfect finger food for your Melbourne Cup event!
The ingredient of Orange and almond baby cakes
- 125g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 large orange, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- pure icing sugar, to serve
The instruction how to make Orange and almond baby cakes
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease two 12-hole, 2 tablespoon-capacity mini muffin pans.
- Using electric hand beaters, beat butter, sugar and orange rind for 5 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour over butter mixture. Add almond meal and 1/4 cup orange juice. Gently fold to combine. Three-quarters fill muffin holes with mixture. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar. Serve.
Nutritions of Orange and almond baby cakescalories: