The jacket potato 2.0. Try these baked sweet potatoes, stuffed with slow cooked pork carnitas and topped with tangy avocado salsa.
The ingredient of Pork carnita-stuffed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 750g pork scotch fillet roast
- 1 medium brown onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 dried bay leaves
- 1 x 6cm strips orange rind
- 60ml (1/4) cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cups chicken stock
- 4 x 300g orange sweet potatoes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus wedges to serve
The instruction how to make Pork carnita-stuffed sweet potatoes
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt and pepper. Add pork. Cook, turning, for 10 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a large plate.
- Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Add garlic, cumin, sugar, oregano, dried coriander, paprika, cardamom and bay leaves. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. Return pork to pan with rind, orange juice and stock. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Simmer over medium-low heat for 1 hour 45 minutes or until pork is very tender.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- During last hour of pork cooking time, prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Wrap individually in foil. Place on prepared trays. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until tender.
- Make avocado salad: combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer pork to a large heatproof bowl. Using two forks, shred pork, discarding any fat. Combine meat and 1/4 cup cooking liquid in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Discard remaining cooking liquid. Remove and discard foil from sweet potato. Cut a slit lengthways in sweet potatoes without cutting all the way through. Open slightly.
- Fill sweet potatoes with pork. Top with yoghurt and salsa. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Pork carnita-stuffed sweet potatoescalories: