Winter is the perfect time for recipes like this sweet, sticky pudding!
The ingredient of Sticky date and caramel pudding
- Melted butter, to grease
- 150g pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 55g (1/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 60g butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) boiling water
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
The instruction how to make Sticky date and caramel pudding
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a 1.5L (6-cup) capacity ovenproof dish with melted butter to lightly grease.
- Combine the dates and water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Remove from heat. Add the bicarbonate of soda and ginger and combine. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the sugar and combine. Make a well in the centre. Combine the milk, butter and egg in a jug. Gradually pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and combine. Add the date mixture and combine. Pour into the prepared dish and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface.
- To make the sauce, combine the sugar and cornflour in a bowl. Sprinkle over the pudding mixture in the dish. Combine the boiling water and golden syrup in a jug and pour over the sugar mixture.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted halfway into the centre comes out clean. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Serve with ice-cream, if desired.
Nutritions of Sticky date and caramel puddingcalories: 375.708 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 66 grams carbohydrates
calories: 46 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 60 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 449.41 milligrams sodium