This sweet cream dessert tastes as good as it looks.
The ingredient of Cinnamon and vanilla blancmange
- 400ml milk
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 3 gold-strength gelatine leaves (see note)
The instruction how to make Cinnamon and vanilla blancmange
- Place milk, cream, cinnamon and vanilla pod and seeds in a pan over medium heat, and bring to just below boiling point. Turn off heat and leave to infuse for 1 hour.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale. Return cream mixture to just below boiling point. Strain through a sieve over the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Discard cinnamon and vanilla. Transfer to a clean pan, return to low heat and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Meanwhile, soak the gelatine in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes to soften.
- Squeeze gelatine to remove excess water. Add gelatine leaves to the custard and stir until dissolved. Strain mixture through a sieve, then pour into 6 teacups. Chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Nutritions of Cinnamon and vanilla blancmangecalories: 290.385 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 14 grams saturated fat
calories: 18 grams carbohydrates
calories: 18 grams sugar
calories: 4 grams protein
calories: 119 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 46.6 milligrams sodium