Add a tasty twist to fried eggs with this punchy sweet and sour sauce.
The ingredient of Sweet and sour eggs
- 125ml (1/2 cup) peanut oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon tamarind puree
- 2 dried bay leaves
- White pepper, to season
The instruction how to make Sweet and sour eggs
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 egg and cook for 1 minute or until golden and crisp. Turn and cook for 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Add the onion and garlic to the wok. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the onion begins to colour. Add the sambal oelek and stir-fry to combine. Add the water, sugar, tamarind puree and bay leaves. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the eggs and simmer for 3 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and white pepper. Transfer to a plate.
Nutritions of Sweet and sour eggscalories: 266.485 calories
calories: 25 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 4.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams protein