Serve this thick and creamy sweet potato soup with crunchy poppy seed pastry twists to make it extra special.
The ingredient of Sweet potato soup with poppy seed twists
- 2 small (about 600g) orange sweet potatoes (kumara), peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, cut into quarters
- 125ml (1/2 cup) low-fat thickened cream
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh continental parsley leaves
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) skim milk
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 sheet (24 x 24cm) ready-rolled reduced-fat puff pastry, just thawed
- 20g poppy seeds
The instruction how to make Sweet potato soup with poppy seed twists
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cook sweet potato in a saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes. Add onion and cook for a further 2 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place the sweet-potato mixture, cream, parsley and half the milk in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Return to pan and stir in the remaining milk. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Place over medium heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, cut pastry crossways into eight 3cm-thick strips. Place poppy seeds on a plate. Twist pastry strips and roll in the poppy seeds. Place on tray and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls and serve with twists.
Nutritions of Sweet potato soup with poppy seed twistscalories: 316.675 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 42 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11 grams protein