A sweet and well-balanced orange, polenta and almond cake.
The ingredient of Orange, polenta and almond cake
- 125 g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 cup almond meal (or other meal, or combination)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten-free)
- Zest and juice of 2 oranges
- Thick cream, to serve
- Orange slices, to serve
The instruction how to make Orange, polenta and almond cake
- Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160C. Lightly grease a 20cm round cake pan. Line the base with baking paper.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla together until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in polenta, almond meal, baking powder, zest and juice. Pour into prepared pan, smoothing top of mixture.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve topped with cream and orange slices.
Nutritions of Orange, polenta and almond cakecalories: