These tasty lamb cutlets with sweet potato mash are a simple way to liven up the week night menu.
The ingredient of Fennel with lamb and sweet potato mash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bulbs (about 350g each) fennel, thinly sliced
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 750g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 cup (150g) Birds Eye frozen peas
- 12 Frenched lamb cutlets
The instruction how to make Fennel with lamb and sweet potato mash
- Heat 3 teaspoons of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the fennel and onion, and cook, stirring often, for 15-20 minutes or until very soft. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley. Season according to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place sweet potato in a microwave-proof dish. Add about 1/4 cup of water. Microwave on High/100% for 7-8 minutes or until almost tender. Add the peas and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until tender. Drain. Roughly mash. Heat a chargrill pan over a medium-high heat. Brush both sides of the lamb with the remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Chargrill for 2-3 minutes on each side. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest and cool.
- Serve the fennel mixture with the sweet potato mash and lamb cutlets.
Nutritions of Fennel with lamb and sweet potato mashcalories: 516.001 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 36 grams carbohydrates
calories: 18 grams sugar
calories: 42 grams protein
calories: 121 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 199.64 milligrams sodium