Sweet potato and fennel are a match made in heaven.
The ingredient of Fennel and cheese stuffed sweet potato
- 4 small orange sweet potato, unpeeled
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 baby fennel bulb, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
The instruction how to make Fennel and cheese stuffed sweet potato
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Wash sweet potato and cut in half lengthways. Place, cut-side up, on prepared pan. Spray with oil. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and fennel. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until light golden. Remove from heat.
- Scoop the soft sweet potato flesh into a bowl, leaving shell intact. Roughly mash sweet potato flesh. Add onion mixture, cottage cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Mix with a fork until well combined.
- Spoon fennel mixture into sweet potato shells. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Spray lightly with oil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden. Serve.
Nutritions of Fennel and cheese stuffed sweet potatocalories: 169.212 calories
calories: 7 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 18 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 6 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 159.95 milligrams sodium