The sweetness of the sauce complements the richness of the pork belly.
The ingredient of Crispy pork with sticky five-spiced pineapple
- 700g piece pork belly
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small (1kg) pineapple, peeled (see notes)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 100g green beans, trimmed, thickly sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Lime wedge, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Crispy pork with sticky five-spiced pineapple
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a roasting pan with foil. Place a wire rack in pan. Score the pork rind, in a criss- cross pattern, at 1cm intervals. Rub rind all over with half the salt, then the oil (see notes). Cut pork into 6 evenly sized pieces. Place on wire rack. Sprinkle with remaining salt. Roast for 45 minutes or until pork is just cooked through and crackling is golden and puffed. Set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice pineapple into 12 rounds. Place sugar, five-spice and soy sauce in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 3 minutes or until reduced by half and thickened. Remove from heat. Add pineapple to sauce, turning each piece to coat well. Set pineapple aside, in sauce, to cool.
- Place green beans in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until bright green and tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Pat dry with paper towel. Place beans, bean sprouts and green onion in a bowl. Toss to combine. Divide pineapple between serving plates. Top with bean mixture and drizzle with a little sauce. Top with pork. Drizzle with remaining sauce. Serve with lime wedges and coriander leaves.
Nutritions of Crispy pork with sticky five-spiced pineapplecalories: 719.868 calories
calories: 63.5 grams fat
calories: 22.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 21.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 13.3 grams protein
calories: 84 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1450 milligrams sodium