Share the love with these little custard-filled doughnuts.
The ingredient of Sweet heart custard doughnuts
- 3 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons dried yeast
- Rind of 1 lemon, finely grated
- 250ml milk, lukewarm
- 100g butter, melted
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup store-bought thick custard
The instruction how to make Sweet heart custard doughnuts
- Combine flour, sugar, yeast, lemon rind and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Combine lukewarm milk, melted butter, egg yolks and vanilla extract in a jug. Add milk mixture to flour mixture. Stir until just coming together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Place in a greased bowl. Cover. Set aside to prove for 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Knock back dough. Knead for 2 minutes. Roll out to 1cm thick. Use a 7cm heart-shaped cutter to cut out doughnuts. Prove on a tray lined with baking paper for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1.5L canola oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat to 180C. Deep fry doughnuts, in batches, for 1 minute each side or until golden and puffed. Drain on paper towel. Roll in caster sugar while hot.
- Place 1 cup bought thick custard in a piping bag fitted with a 5mm plain nozzle. Insert nozzle into side of doughnuts. Fill with custard.
Nutritions of Sweet heart custard doughnutscalories: 309.983 calories
calories: 12.4 grams fat
calories: 7.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 42.2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 10.4 grams sugar
calories: 7.2 grams protein
calories: 100 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 142 milligrams sodium