Using Indonesian sweet soy, also known as kecap manis, and brown sugar makes this pork a sticky sweet delight.
The ingredient of Sweet sticky pork with garlic and chive rice
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons ABC kecap manis
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 500g pork schnitzel (uncrumbed)
- 1 bunch fresh chives, cut into 2cm lengths
- Steamed Asian greens, to serve
The instruction how to make Sweet sticky pork with garlic and chive rice
- Place rice and 2 cups cold water in a large microwave-safe container. Microwave, covered, on high (100%) for 13 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- Meanwhile, combine ginger, kecap manis, soy sauce, brown sugar and half the garlic in a small bowl. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook pork for 1 minute each side or until just browned. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Add soy mixture and 1/2 cup cold water to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until reduced by half. Return pork and juices to pan. Toss to coat. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Transfer pork to a board. Slice and return to sauce.
- Heat remaining oil in a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add rice and remaining garlic. Season with salt. Cook, tossing, for 4 to 5 minutes or until rice is hot. Sprinkle over chives. Spoon rice mixture onto serving plate and top with pork mixture. Serve with steamed Asian greens.
Nutritions of Sweet sticky pork with garlic and chive ricecalories: 487.799 calories
calories: 14.1 grams fat
calories: 3.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 53 grams carbohydrates
calories: 34.8 grams protein
calories: 71 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 880 milligrams sodium