We know - this cherry and vanilla ice cream cake is so pretty, youll want to gram it first!
The ingredient of Cherry and vanilla ice cream cake recipe
- 300g cherries, pitted
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1.5L vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 x 450g pkt Coles Unfilled Double Sponge Cake
- 1/2 cup (160g) cherry jam
- Cherries, extras, frozen, to serve
- Strawberries, frozen, to serve
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg white
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- Pink liquid food colouring
The instruction how to make Cherry and vanilla ice cream cake recipe
- Combine the pitted cherries, sugar and u00bc cup (60ml) water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until the cherry is tender. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place cherry mixture in a blender and blend until smooth. Divide the ice cream evenly into 2 portions. Reserve 1 portion in the freezer.
- Add cherry puree to the remaining ice cream portion and gently fold to combine. Place in the freezer.
- Grease and line a 10cm x 24cm (base measurement) loaf pan with 2 layers of plastic wrap, allowing the 2 long sides to overhang. Spoon half the reserved vanilla ice cream portion over the base of prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Place in freezer for 20 mins or until firm.
- Spoon half the cherry ice cream over vanilla ice cream in the pan. Smooth the surface. Freeze for 20 mins or until firm.
- Use a large serrated knife to split the cake horizontally. Cut 1 cake layer into a 11cm x 25cm rectangle. Spread with half the jam. Place, jam-side down, over the cherry ice cream in the pan. Spoon the remaining vanilla ice cream over the cake and smooth the surface. Freeze for 20 mins or until firm.
- Spoon remaining cherry ice cream over vanilla ice cream in pan. Smooth the surface. Cut the remaining cake into a 12cm x 26cm rectangle and spread with the remaining jam. Place, jam-side down, over the cherry ice cream in the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 6 hours or overnight or until firm.
- Meanwhile, to make the mini meringues, preheat oven to 100u00b0C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Use an electric mixer to whisk egg white in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tbs at a time, whisking well after each addition until the sugar completely dissolves. Use a small pastry brush to brush lines of food colouring on the inside of a piping bag fitted with a 5mm fluted nozzle. Transfer the meringue mixture to the prepared piping bag. Pipe 2cm-round meringues onto the lined tray.
- Bake for 1 hour or until dry to the touch. Turn oven off. Leave meringues in oven, with the door ajar, for 1 hour to cool completely.
- Place a serving platter in freezer for 10 mins to chill. Turn the cake onto the platter. Remove plastic wrap. Top with the meringues, frozen cherries and strawberries. Cut into slices to serve.
Nutritions of Cherry and vanilla ice cream cake recipecalories: 522.932 calories
calories: 26 grams fat
calories: 17 grams saturated fat
calories: 66 grams carbohydrates
calories: 57 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 203 milligrams sodium