Use your Kmart pie maker to make this easy childhood favourite. You can try it with other flavours, too, such as strawberry jam.
The ingredient of Pie maker lemon jelly cakes recipe
- 85g pkt lemon flavoured jelly crystals
- 250ml (1 cup) boiling water
- 125g unsalted butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 170g (2 cups) desiccated coconut
- Bought lemon curd, to serve
- Whipped cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Pie maker lemon jelly cakes recipe
- Pour the jelly crystals into a shallow heatproof dish. Add the boiling water and stir to dissolve the crystals. Stir in 125ml (1/2 cup) room-temperature water. Set aside, at room temperature, for 1 hour or until the mixture is thick, but not set.
- Meanwhile, use electric beaters to beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder. Fold into the butter mixture alternating with the milk, until combined.
- Divide half of the mixture among the holes of a pie maker and cook for 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a cake comes out clean. Transfer cakes to a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Allow to cool.
- Place the coconut on a large plate. Working in batches, add the cakes to the jelly mixture and soak for 30 seconds. Turn and soak for a further 30 seconds. Transfer cake to the coconut and, turning, press well to coat. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool completely.
- Use a large serrated knife to slice the cakes in half crossways. Place a dollop of curd and a dollop of cream in the centre of bottom halves. Top with the remaining halves. Serve.
Nutritions of Pie maker lemon jelly cakes recipecalories: