Feed a crowd with these tender spiced lamb skewers and crispy barbecued potatoes.
The ingredient of Spiced lamb skewers with barbecued potatoes
- 800g lamb rump steaks, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspon ground cardamom
- 600g kipfler potatoes, washed, halved
- 200g button mushrooms
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 300g pkt kale slaw
The instruction how to make Spiced lamb skewers with barbecued potatoes
- Place the lamb in a large bowl. Add the lemon rind, garlic, cumin, turmeric and cardamom. Season. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes and 60ml (1/4 cup) water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Microwave on High for 5-6 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, thread lamb onto soaked wooden skewers, alternating with mushrooms and mint leaves. Place on a lined baking tray. Combine honey, mustard and 1 tbs lemon juice in a bowl. Divide the honey mixture between the skewers and potato. Toss to coat. Season.
- Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue grill over high heat. Spray lamb and potato lightly with oil. Cook skewers and potato for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Serve with kale slaw.
Nutritions of Spiced lamb skewers with barbecued potatoescalories: 350.374 calories
calories: 12 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 24 grams carbohydrates
calories: 34 grams protein