Feed your family with this delicious roast chicken served with cheesy twice-baked potatoes. Recipe created by Curtis Stone.
The ingredient of Roasted chicken with twice-baked potatoes
- 20g fresh rosemary sprigs (about 10 sprigs)
- 15g fresh thyme sprigs (about 30 sprigs)
- 1 whole extra large chicken (about 2.3kg), backbone removed, split down the centre of the breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cru00e8me royale brushed potatoes (about 200g each), scrubbed, pricked with a fork
- 200ml cru00e8me frau00eeche
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
The instruction how to make Roasted chicken with twice-baked potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 230C (210C fan-forced). Scatter the rosemary and thyme over a heavy rimmed baking tray.
- Coat each chicken half with 2 teaspoons of oil and season with salt. Place the chicken, skin side up, onto the prepared tray. Coat the potatoes with the remaining oil, season with salt and place them onto another baking tray. Roast the chicken and potatoes for about 45 minutes, or until the chicken is crisp and golden. Transfer the chicken to a platter to rest, and reserve the tray. Set the potatoes aside to cool for 2 minutes.
- Preheat the grill. Cut the potatoes in half lengthways. Carefully scoop the flesh from the potato skins into a medium bowl, keeping the skins intact. Mash in the cru00e8me frau00eeche and 2/3 cup of the cheese. Fold in the spring onions and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spoon the potato mixture into the potato skins, dividing equally and compacting the mixture. Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup cheese over the stuffed potatoes. Grill for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Meanwhile, place the reserved baking tray over medium heat and add the stock. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any brown bits from the tray. Remove any large herb pieces, and carefully strain the pan sauce into a small bowl.
- Carve the chicken and serve with the twice-baked potatoes. Add any juices from the rested and carved chicken to the pan sauce and serve alongside.
Nutritions of Roasted chicken with twice-baked potatoescalories: