This succulent weekend roast is foolproof.
The ingredient of Roast lamb with crispy potatoes recipe
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 x 10cm-long rosemary sprigs, leaves picked
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1.7kg Coles Australian Lamb Half Leg Roast
- 3/4 cup (185ml) white wine vinegar
- 10g tarragon leaves
- 1kg brushed potatoes, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- 2 x 10cm-long rosemary sprigs, cut into 2cm pieces
The instruction how to make Roast lamb with crispy potatoes recipe
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C (130u00b0C fan-forced). In a food processor, process garlic, rosemary leaves, fennel seeds, chilli flakes, if using, oil, 1 tbs sea salt flakes and 2 tsp black pepper until finely chopped. Place the lamb on a large rimmed baking tray. Spread the garlic mixture all over the lamb.
- Roast lamb for 1 1/4 -1 1/2 hours or until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the lamb registers 49u00b0C for medium-rare doneness.
- Increase oven to 250u00b0C (230u00b0C fan-forced). Roast the lamb for a further 10-15 mins or until the lamb is browned and internal temperature of the lamb registers 54u00b0C. Cover with foil and set aside for 30 mins to rest.
- Meanwhile, to make the crispy potatoes, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine vinegar, tarragon and 1 tsp salt. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Cool. Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl. Discard solids.
- In a large saucepan, add potatoes and 2 tsp salt. Pour over enough cold water to cover the potatoes by 2cm. Place over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and bring to a simmer. Cook for 6 mins or until potatoes are cooked through and tender but not falling apart. Drain potatoes. Arrange in a single layer on a baking tray lined with paper towel. Set aside to cool completely.
- Add enough vegetable oil to a large, dry saucepan to come one-third of the way up the side of the pan. Heat over medium-high heat until the oil reaches 150u00b0C. Add the potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 mins or until the potatoes are completely tender and light golden-brown. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to the lined tray. Cool slightly.
- Increase oil temperature to 190u00b0C. Add the potatoes and cook for 3-4 mins or until deep golden-brown and crispy, adding the rosemary for last 30 secs of cooking. Transfer the potatoes and rosemary to a large heatproof bowl. Season with sea salt flakes and black pepper and toss to combine.
- Thickly slice the lamb and serve with crispy potatoes and tarragon vinegar.
Nutritions of Roast lamb with crispy potatoes recipecalories: 425.898 calories
calories: 26 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 17 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 29 grams protein
calories: 1285 milligrams sodium