Battered fish is given a gourmet make-over in this tasty recipe with spicy mayo side.
The ingredient of Beer battered barramundi with horseradish mayo
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 750g barramundi fillets
- 1 1/4 cups (185g) plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 375ml beer
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Rocket salad, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Beer battered barramundi with horseradish mayo
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, zest and parsley in a bowl and then set aside.
- Cut fish into bite-sized pieces and toss in 1/4 cup of the flour. Whisk egg yolk and beer together until well combined. Sift remaining flour over egg mixture and whisk to form a smooth batter. Dip floured fish into batter and allow excess to drip away. Deep fry in batches until golden.
- Serve fish with rocket salad, lemon wedges and mayonnaise.
Nutritions of Beer battered barramundi with horseradish mayocalories: 786.788 calories
calories: 49 grams fat
calories: 13 grams saturated fat
calories: 35 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 44 grams protein
calories: 163.06 milligrams sodium