"Couldnt stop at one bowl and will definitely be making again," says Taste.com.au member Bobbins of this soup. Try it yourself and see if you agree!
The ingredient of Curried sweet potato soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1.2kg orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 4 to 5 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled, grated
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Toasted sourdough bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Curried sweet potato soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add curry powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add sweet potato, 4 cups stock and apple to curry mixture. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until sweet potato is tender. Remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Using a food processor or hand blender, puree soup, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to saucepan over low heat. Stir in coconut cream. Heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until hot (do not allow to boil). Add more stock if soup is too thick. Season with pepper. Serve with toasted bread.
Nutritions of Curried sweet potato soupcalories: 248.082 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 35 grams carbohydrates
calories: 17 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 876.26 milligrams sodium