Enjoy this decadent sweet treat without the guilt! This upside-down cake is made with broccoli flour, juicy strawberries and raw cashews. All your guests will be asking for a second slice!
The ingredient of Upside-down strawberry cake recipe
- 750g strawberries, hulled, halved
- 110g (1/2 cup) raw sugar
- 80g (1 1/2 cups) raw cashews
- 35g (1/3 cup) desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp broccoli flour/powder (find at selected supermarkets or health food stores)
- 95g (1/2 cup) potato flour
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 orange, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 110g (1/2 cup) solidified coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs
- 260g (1 cup) thick Greek-style vanilla yoghurt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
The instruction how to make Upside-down strawberry cake recipe
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Grease a deep, 20cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place strawberry in a single layer on prepared tray. Scatter over 2 tbs sugar. Bake for 20 minutes or until softened. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange strawberry in base of prepared pan, reserving any tray juices. Place the cashews in a food processor. Process until resembles fine crumbs. Add coconut, flours, tahini, baking powder, cinnamon, orange rind, 125ml (1u20442 cup) orange juice, vanilla, coconut oil, eggs and remaining sugar. Process until just combined. Scrape down side and process again until smooth.
- Pour the cake mixture into pan. Bake for 45u201050 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in pan for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, to make spiced yoghurt, place all ingredients in a bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Turn cake onto a serving plate, strawberryu2010 side up. Serve warm with spiced yoghurt.
Nutritions of Upside-down strawberry cake recipecalories: 343.443 calories
calories: 23 grams fat
calories: 15 grams saturated fat
calories: 26 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6.5 grams protein