Crunchy potatoes and beautifully pink lamb make this salad a gourmet treat for all the senses.
The ingredient of Lamb and mint salad with potato croutons
- 12 chat potatoes, boiled until just cooked, cooled
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 12 vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 x 225g lamb backstraps
- 200g thin green beans, blanched
- 2 cups baby rocket leaves
The instruction how to make Lamb and mint salad with potato croutons
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C.
- Using your hands, roughly break the potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Toss with a tablespoon of the olive oil, place on a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes or until golden. Add the tomatoes to the tray for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Finely chop half the mint. Whisk together 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil with the red wine vinegar, season with salt and pepper and stir in the chopped mint.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frypan over high heat. Season the lamb with salt and pepper and seal on all sides. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for a further 2-3 minutes - the lamb should be just cooked but still rare inside. Set aside to rest.
- Thinly slice lamb when cool. In a large bowl, toss with the green beans, potato, tomatoes, rocket and remaining mint. Divide between four serving plates and drizzle with dressing.
Nutritions of Lamb and mint salad with potato croutonscalories: 606.343 calories
calories: 35 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 36 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 33 grams protein
calories: 90.82 milligrams sodium