This easy pork and potatoes recipe gets a gourmet makeover thanks to saffron and pancetta which bring plenty of extra flavour.
The ingredient of Pork cutlets with saffron baked potatoes
- 1.5kg chat potatoes, peeled, halved if large
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, soaked in 2 tablespoons boiling water for 2 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 200g thickly sliced flat pancetta, chopped
- 6 French-trimmed pork cutlets
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
The instruction how to make Pork cutlets with saffron baked potatoes
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Toss potato, onion, oil, stock, saffron and soaking liquid in a roasting pan. Season.
- Heat the extra oil in a large frypan over high heat and cook the pancetta, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, sprinkle the pancetta over the potato in pan.
- Heat same frypan over high heat and sear pork, in batches, for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden. Place pork on top of potato mixture and bake for 40 minutes or until the cutlets are golden and potato is tender. Scatter with parsley and serve.
Nutritions of Pork cutlets with saffron baked potatoescalories: 475.132 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 32 grams carbohydrates
calories: 46 grams protein
calories: 1227.6 milligrams sodium