Dig deep when serving this zingy, creamy potato and salmon salad, so you get all the layers on your plate!
The ingredient of Creamy salmon potato salad recipe
- 1.5kg kipfler potatoes, unpeeled
- 300g green beans, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into very thin wedges
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 300g carton sour cream
- 260g (1 cup) Greek-style yoghurt
- 110g jar capers, drained, finely chopped
- 2 tbs chopped fresh dill, plus extra sprigs, to serve
- 100g baby spinach
- 2 x 150g packet hot smoked salmon
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
The instruction how to make Creamy salmon potato salad recipe
- Place the potatoes in a stockpot of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer can be inserted into the centres. Drain and set aside to cool. Slice crossways into 2cm-thick slices then transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook the beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes then add the onion. Cook for a further 1 minute. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Transfer the bean mixture to a bowl. Add the lemon rind and season. Toss until well combined.
- Combine the sour cream, yoghurt, capers and dill in a bowl.
- Add 1 cupful of sour cream mixture to the potatoes and toss until well combined. Place half the potato mixture in the base of a 3L (12 cup) glass trifle bowl or glass serving bowl.
- Arrange 80g spinach on top of the potato layer then add the bean mixture. Flake over the salmon. Top with the remaining potato mixture. Drizzle over the remaining sour cream mixture and scatter over the remaining spinach. Top with the radish, egg and extra dill. Season and serve.
Nutritions of Creamy salmon potato salad recipecalories: