Perfect for a weekend breakfast or easy dinner, this healthy vegetarian frittata will be a new family fave.
The ingredient of Open-pan zucchini, chilli and ricotta frittata recipe
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 100g chopped trimmed kale
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 85g (1/3 cup) fresh ricotta
- 4 small (25g each) slices wholegrain sourdough toast
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Open-pan zucchini, chilli and ricotta frittata recipe
- Heat half the oil in a large, ovenproof non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and cook, turning, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Add the garlic, chilli and remaining oil and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add kale and peas and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until kale is wilted. Return zucchini to pan.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in a large jug. Season. Pour egg mixture evenly over the vegetables and dollop with ricotta. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until egg mixture is almost set.
- Preheat grill on high. Place frittata under the grill and cook for 5 minutes or until golden, set and puffed. Set aside for 5 minutes before cutting into 4 wedges. Serve with wholegrain toast and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Open-pan zucchini, chilli and ricotta frittata recipecalories: 283.932 calories
calories: 13 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 17 grams carbohydrates
calories: 22 grams protein
calories: 353 milligrams sodium