A touch of chilli adds a fiery twist to this creamy sweet potato soup.
The ingredient of Sweet potato and chilli soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- 1kg orange sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Red chilli, thinly sliced, to serve
The instruction how to make Sweet potato and chilli soup
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add potato, stock and 2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring, for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Process until smooth. Return to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Ladle into bowls. Top with parsley and sliced chilli. Serve.
Nutritions of Sweet potato and chilli soupcalories: 161.325 calories
calories: 4 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 26 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11 grams sugar
calories: 4 grams protein
calories: 338.61 milligrams sodium