Crack through the chocolate collar then slice a knife into four layers of moist sponge and coffee cream. With dark chocolate, vanilla and Baileys, its hard to resist this impressive cake.
The ingredient of Heavenly mocha choc bliss cake
- Canola oil spray
- 200g butter, at room temperature
- 200g (1 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 200g dark chocolate, melted, cooled
- 3 eggs
- 190g (11/4 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 75g (1/4 cup) reduced-fat sour cream
- 150g butter, extra
- 230g (11/2 cups) icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 3 teaspoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons Baileys with a Hint of Coffee topping
- 100g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 200g 80% cocoa dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) pouring cream
- 80g dark chocolate, melted
- 80g NESTLu00c9 BAKERS CHOICE Dark Choc Melts, melted
The instruction how to make Heavenly mocha choc bliss cake
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Spray a round 7.5cm-deep, 18cm (base measurement) cake pan with oil. Line the base and side with non-stick baking paper. Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the chocolate. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour and cocoa powder alternately with the sour cream until just combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the topping, stir the butter, chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over low heat until the mixture is smooth. Set aside, stirring often, to cool completely.
- Use an electric beater to beat the extra butter in a bowl until pale and creamy. Gradually add the icing sugar, beating well after each addition. Stir the coffee and water in a small bowl until the coffee dissolves. Stir in the Baileys. Gradually beat the coffee mixture into the butter mixture until smooth and combined.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the cake horizontally into 4 layers. Place the cake base, cut-side up, on a serving plate. Spread with one-third of the coffee mixture. Continue layering with the remaining cake and coffee mixture, finishing with cake.
- Use an electric beater to beat the topping until creamy and slightly increased in volume. Spread evenly over the top and side of the cake.
- To make the collar, cut a 60cm piece of non-stick baking paper. Measure the height of the cake and add 2-3cm, then use this measurement to trim the baking paper. Spread the combined chocolate thinly and evenly over the baking paper, creating a jagged edge along 1 long side. Set aside for 1-2 minutes to set slightly, then quickly wrap the collar, jagged edge up, around the cake, allowing the jagged edge to extend above the top of the cake. Press gently to secure. Place in the fridge until set. Carefully remove the baking paper.
Nutritions of Heavenly mocha choc bliss cakecalories: