Create spicy Mexican quesadillas that will have your guests singing for more.
The ingredient of Chilli and basil quesadillas
- 8 white-flour tortillas
- Olive oil, to brush
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 buffalo mozzarella (or 7-8 bocconcini), thinly sliced, drained on paper towel
- 2 tablespoons pickled sliced jalapeno chillies, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 2 avocados, peeled, flesh thickly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
The instruction how to make Chilli and basil quesadillas
- For the salad, combine ingredients in a bowl, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then cover and refrigerate while you make the quesadillas.
- Place 1 tortilla on a work surface, brush with a little of the oil, then turn over. Spread one side of the tortilla with an eighth of the spinach, mozzarella, jalapeno slices and basil. Fold over the tortilla, pressing down gently, then repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat a large non-stick frypan over medium-low heat. Cook the quesadillas, in batches, for 1 minute on each side or until the cheese has melted and the tortilla is golden. Keep warm while you cook the remaining quesadillas, then cut each into 3 wedges and serve with the avocado salad.
Nutritions of Chilli and basil quesadillascalories: