Heres a super-smart dish that keeps on giving — a delicious meal one night, with leftovers and a recipe for the next night.
The ingredient of Chicken chilli con carne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 800g chicken mince
- 2 medium brown onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 x 400g cans red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 3 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken chilli con carne
- Heat half the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook mince in 2 batches, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, cumin and coriander. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Return mince to pan. Stir to coat. Add beans, tomato, oregano, chilli, if using, and 1/2 cup cold water. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes. Remove lid. Simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve half the chilli con carne with rice, sprinkled with coriander. Cover and refrigerate remaining chilli con carne.
Nutritions of Chicken chilli con carnecalories: 620.922 calories
calories: 29 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 34 grams carbohydrates
calories: 13 grams sugar
calories: 55 grams protein
calories: 180 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 549.98 milligrams sodium