For a delicious and tempting starter recipe, try our Pea & pea shoot soup with coriander and sweet chilli cream.
The ingredient of Pea & pea shoot soup with coriander and sweet chilli cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 potato, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 bunch coriander, stems cleaned and chopped, leaves picked
- 500g frozen peas
- 50g pea shoots (see note), plus extra to garnish
- 3 cups (750ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 200ml creme fraiche or sour cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
The instruction how to make Pea & pea shoot soup with coriander and sweet chilli cream
- Heat oil and butter in a large pan over low heat. Add cumin and ginger and stir for a few seconds until fragrant. Add onion, potato and coriander stems and cook, adding a little water occasionally to keep vegetables from catching, for 5 minutes. Add peas, shoots, stock and coriander leaves. Bring to the boil, then simmer over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, swirl sweet chilli sauce through the creme fraiche or sour cream.
- Remove soup from heat, then use a stick blender to puree soup until smooth (or cool slightly, then puree in batches in a blender and return to pan). Warm over low heat, then season and stir in lemon juice.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with a swirl of sweet chilli cream and extra pea shoots.
Nutritions of Pea & pea shoot soup with coriander and sweet chilli creamcalories: 462.465 calories
calories: 34 grams fat
calories: 17 grams saturated fat
calories: 22 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams sugar
calories: 12 grams protein
calories: 929.21 milligrams sodium