Prepare to get your fingers sticky with these delicious Jamaican-inspired drumsticks, paired perfectly with a pineapple, chilli salsa and coconut rice.
The ingredient of Jerk chicken drumsticks with pineapple chilli salsa and coconut basmati rice
- 8 Lilydale chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 green onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 long green chillies, seeded, roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Jamaican allspice (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 pineapple, skin removed, cored, finely diced
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Jerk chicken drumsticks with pineapple chilli salsa and coconut basmati rice
- Preheat oven to 160C fan forced (180C conventional).
- To prepare the marinade, combine marinade ingredients in a small food processor and process until combined. Place drumsticks in a large snap lock bag or shallow glass dish. Pour marinade over drumsticks and toss to coat. Marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour but preferably overnight.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 5 to 6 minutes, turning often, or until charred.
- Place chicken in a large baking tray lined with baking paper and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook basmati rice according to packet instructions. Drain and place rice in a serving bowl. Drizzle with coconut milk and top off by sprinkling with shredded coconut.
- To make salsa, combine pineapple, chilli, lime juice and zest and coriander in a medium bowl. Serve drumsticks with coconut rice, pineapple salsa and lime wedges, if desired.
Nutritions of Jerk chicken drumsticks with pineapple chilli salsa and coconut basmati ricecalories: