With a thick gooey white chocolate layer, this decadent just-baked cake isnt for the faint-hearted.
The ingredient of Half-baked white chocolate cake recipe
- 180g white chocolate, chopped
- 175g butter, chopped
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 5 eggs, separated
- 140g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) thickened cream
- 290g pkt white chocolate melts
- Fresh strawberries, to serve
- Fresh raspberries, to serve
- White chocolate shavings, to serve
The instruction how to make Half-baked white chocolate cake recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease a 23cm round springform pan. Line the base and side with baking paper.
- Heat the chopped chocolate and butter in a small saucepan, stirring often, over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla and flour.
- Use electric beaters to beat the egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar in a large bowl until thick and pale.
- Place the egg whites in a large, clean, dry bowl. Use clean electric beaters to beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining 1/3 cup sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating constantly until the sugar dissolves and mixture is thick and glossy.
- Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg yolk mixture until smooth and combined. Stir in one-third of the egg whites until just combined. Fold in the remaining egg whites until combined. Reserve 1 cup cake batter. Set aside until required.
- Pour the remaining cake mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan for 2 hours or until cooled completely.
- Place the cream in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Add the chocolate melts to the pan. Set aside for 3-4 minutes or until melted. Stir until smooth. Transfer the white chocolate mixture to a bowl. Stand at room temperature for 2 hours or until thick.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Spread the white chocolate mixture over the cooled cake, leaving a 1.5cm border around the edge of cake (donu2019t worry if you get a few cake crumbs mixed in with the white chocolate). Carefully spread the reserved cake batter over the white chocolate layer. Bake for a further 25 minutes or until the cake layer is cooked through and set. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Serve the cake, warm, scattered with berries and chocolate shavings.
Nutritions of Half-baked white chocolate cake recipecalories: