This zesty and nutritious lamb dish is perfect for a busy weeknight or relaxed weekend meal.
The ingredient of Orange & chilli lamb cutlets with warm white bean salad
- 12 (about 720g) lamb cutlets, French trimmed
- 1 orange, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 long red fresh chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 65g (1/3 cup) raisins
- 125g (1/2 cup) drained roasted red capsicum, finely chopped
- 40g (1/4 cup) pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup fresh continental parsley, chopped
- 90g (1/3 cup) Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt, to serve, optional
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
The instruction how to make Orange & chilli lamb cutlets with warm white bean salad
- Combine the lamb cutlets, orange rind, half the orange juice, chilli and cumin in a bowl. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes. Combine remaining orange juice and vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, to make the bean salad, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in garlic and raisins for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Stir in capsicum and olives for 2 minutes or until warmed through. Stir in cannellini beans for 3 minutes or until warmed through. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley. Season. Keep warm.
- Drain excess marinade from lamb. Season. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil. Cook lamb, in 2 batches, for 4 minutes, turning, for medium or until cooked to your liking. Return all lamb cutlets to pan and pour over orange and balsamic mixture. Simmer for 1 minute or until reduced slightly.
- Divide bean mixture among serving plates. Top with lamb cutlets and drizzle with pan juices and extra virgin olive oil. Serve with the yoghurt.
Nutritions of Orange & chilli lamb cutlets with warm white bean saladcalories: