Compliment this fiery Mexican-spiced roast beef with a fresh avocado and broccoli-style rice.
The ingredient of Chilli con carne-rubbed beef with avocado and broccoli rice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 650g beef rump roast
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 500g broccoli, roughly chopped (including stalk)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 avocados, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, quartered
- 1/3 cup lime juice, plus wedges to serve
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 200g tomato medley
The instruction how to make Chilli con carne-rubbed beef with avocado and broccoli rice
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine oregano, chilli powder, cumin, ground coriander, garlic powder and thyme in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Rub all over beef. Place on prepared tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Roast for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Roast for a further 35 to 40 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place broccoli in a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Heat 1/2 the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until just tender.
- Scoop avocado into a small food processor. Add garlic. Process until smooth. Remove broccoli from heat. Add avocado mixture, lime juice and fresh coriander. Season well with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Heat remaining oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Add tomatoes. Cook, tossing, for 5 minutes or until blistered and charred. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice beef thickly. Drizzle with any resting juices. Serve with broccoli u2018riceu2019, tomatoes, lime wedges and coriander sprigs.
Nutritions of Chilli con carne-rubbed beef with avocado and broccoli ricecalories: 722.019 calories
calories: 59.3 grams fat
calories: 15.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 4.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 40 grams protein
calories: 260 milligrams sodium