Mandarins add a sweet element to this spicy chicken stir-fry.
The ingredient of Chilli chicken and mandarin stir-fry
- 450g fresh thick rice noodles
- 1 bunch Chinese broccoli, leaves and stems separated
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 single chicken breast fillets, cut into thick strips
- 1/4 cup (45g) blanched almonds
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 mandarins, peeled, segmented
The instruction how to make Chilli chicken and mandarin stir-fry
- Prepare the noodles according to the packet instructions. Cut any thick Chinese broccoli stems in half, quarters or lengthways depending on thickness.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or large deep frying pan over a medium-high heat. Stir-fry the chicken in two batches for 4 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside covered with foil.
- Add the Chinese broccoli stems and almonds. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, chilli and ginger. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Combine the soy sauce and honey. Add the Chinese broccoli leaves, mandarin segments and soy sauce mixture to the wok or pan. Stir-fry until the leaves are tender. Toss the noodles through until well combined.
Nutritions of Chilli chicken and mandarin stir-frycalories: 401.281 calories
calories: 12 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 30 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 41 grams protein
calories: 818.64 milligrams sodium