Generous pieces of fried haloumi makes this low-fat tuna salad taste sensational.
The ingredient of Chilli tuna and borlotti bean salad
- 125g haloumi*, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g canned borlotti beans, rinsed, drained
- 100g grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 1/2 cups firmly packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn if large
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 x 185g cans tuna with chilli, well-drained
The instruction how to make Chilli tuna and borlotti bean salad
- Blot haloumi dry with paper towel. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frypan over high heat. When very hot, fry the haloumi for 1 minute each side or until browned lightly.
- Combine the beans, tomatoes, spinach and basil in a bowl. Break the fried haloumi into pieces and add to the bowl. Add the vinegar and remaining oil, then toss to combine. Lightly break up the drained tuna and scatter over the salad.
Nutritions of Chilli tuna and borlotti bean saladcalories: 403.91 calories
calories: 24 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 18 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 28 grams protein
calories: 43 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1384.71 milligrams sodium