Winter holidays are filled with heartwarming favourites, like this dense cake studded with sultanas and choc chips.
The ingredient of Tyroler cake
- 150g sultanas
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 250g unsalted butter, chopped, softened, plus extra melted butter to brush
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100g NESTLu00c9 BAKERS CHOICE Dark CHOC BITS
- 3 1/3 cups (500g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 300ml pure (thin) cream
- 1 1/2 cups (250g) icing sugar, sifted
- 3 tsp milk
- 50g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tbsp walnuts, toasted
The instruction how to make Tyroler cake
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C. Grease a 20cm bundt cake pan well with melted butter. Chill, then lightly dust with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Place sultanas in a bowl with lemon juice and soak for 10 minutes.
- Place butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until fluffy and pale. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until combined. Stir through lemon zest, chocolate chips and sultanas and lemon juice. In 2 batches, alternately add flour and cream, beating well after each addition until completely incorporated. Pour into the prepared cake pan and cook on the lower shelf of the oven for 1 hour until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly in pan, then turn out onto a cooling rack.
- For the glaze, combine icing sugar and milk in a bowl, stirring until a smooth glaze. Transfer the cake to a serving plate, then drizzle with the white glaze and the melted chocolate. Scatter the top with chopped walnuts and allow the glaze to set before serving.
Nutritions of Tyroler cakecalories: 1377.357 calories
calories: 67 grams fat
calories: 40 grams saturated fat
calories: 172 grams carbohydrates
calories: 109 grams sugar
calories: 18 grams protein
calories: 303 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 678.74 milligrams sodium