A super speedy supper for those cold mid-week nights - well bet youll already have most of the ingredients in the house.
The ingredient of Chicken, bacon and vermicelli soup recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g bought diced bacon
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 140g (1/2 cup) tomato paste
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 400g can creamed corn
- 10 fresh thyme sprigs, plus extra to serve
- 1L (4 cups) Massel Chicken Style Liquid Stock
- 125g dried vermicelli pasta
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken, bacon and vermicelli soup recipe
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until crispy. Transfer the bacon to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and chicken to the pan and cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Add the tomato paste, beans, corn, thyme and stock. Season. Cover. Bring to the boil.
- Add the pasta to the chicken mixture and cook for 6 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Divide the soup among serving bowls. Top with bacon, extra thyme and parmesan to serve.
Nutritions of Chicken, bacon and vermicelli soup recipecalories: 647.929 calories
calories: 23.3 grams fat
calories: 6.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 53.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 50.1 grams protein