Pack a picnic basket full of these spicy muffins and enjoy a day in the sun.
The ingredient of Cornmeal and chilli muffins
- Melted butter, to grease
- 140g (3/4 cup) polenta (cornmeal)
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 long fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Cornmeal and chilli muffins
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Brush six 80ml (1/3-cup) capacity non-stick muffin pans with melted butter to lightly grease.
- Combine the polenta, flour, baking powder, salt and chilli in a medium bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, oil and egg in a medium jug. Gradually pour the buttermilk mixture into the polenta mixture and use a fork to whisk until smooth. Spoon the batter evenly among the prepared pans. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Remove from oven. Turn onto a clean surface. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Cornmeal and chilli muffinscalories: 203.15 calories
calories: 7.5 grams fat
calories: 1.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 28 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams protein