Youll go nuts for the chilli mayo on these classic spring rolls!
The ingredient of Prawn and lime spring rolls with chilli mayonnaise
- 50g rice vermicelli noodles
- 400g green prawns, peeled, deveined, chopped
- 10 snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander stems
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 20 frozen large spring roll wrappers, thawed
- Vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- 1/2 cup Kewpie Japanese-style Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (chilli paste)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Prawn and lime spring rolls with chilli mayonnaise
- Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl Cover with boiling water. Stand for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Using scissors, cut noodles into 3cm lengths.
- Place noodles, prawns, snow peas, onion, coriander stems, ginger and lime in a bowl. Stir until combined. Place 1 wrapper, with 1 corner facing you, on flat surface. Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of prawn mixture in centre. Fold in sides of wrapper. Fold over bottom corner and roll up to enclose filling. Brush remaining corner with a little water. Press to seal. Repeat to make 20 spring rolls.
- Make Chilli Mayonnaise: Place mayonnaise, sambal oelek, lime juice and coriander in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into a large, deep frying pan to come 5mm up the side. Heat over high heat. Shallow-fry spring rolls, in batches, turning, for 5 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a paper towel-lined baking tray to drain. Serve with Chilli Mayonnaise.
Nutritions of Prawn and lime spring rolls with chilli mayonnaisecalories: 135.991 calories
calories: 8.4 grams fat
calories: 1.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 10.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3.3 grams protein
calories: 24 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 115 milligrams sodium