Try a retro baked apple dessert to warm up this winter.
The ingredient of Baked apples with almond crumbs & caramel sauce
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 50g almond biscotti, finely chopped
- 6 prunes, coarsely chopped
- 50g butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pouring cream
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Baked apples with almond crumbs & caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan. Core the apples with an apple corer to make a 2cm wide cavity. Use a sharp knife to cut a shallow cut around the middle of each apple. Place in a small ovenproof dish.
- Combine the biscotti crumbs and prunes in a small bowl. Fill the apple cavities with the biscotti mixture. Dot the butter around apples. Sprinkle the sugar on and around apples. Combine cream, cinnamon and 1/4 cup water in a small jug. Pour around apples. Bake for 45 mins or until tender and caramel sauce thickens slightly. Serve with ice-cream.
Nutritions of Baked apples with almond crumbs & caramel saucecalories: 399.13 calories
calories: 21.3 grams fat
calories: 13 grams saturated fat
calories: 47.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 40.4 grams sugar
calories: 4.1 grams protein
calories: 135 milligrams sodium