This zesty polenta cake is a delicious tea time treat.
The ingredient of Orange & polenta syrup cake
- 2 1/2 cups (375g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (90g) cornmeal (polenta)
- 250g butter, melted
- 1 orange, rind grated and juiced
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125) sour cream
- 1 cup (330g) orange breakfast marmalade
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- Double cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Orange & polenta syrup cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line a 22cm round cake pan with non-stick baking paper. Combine 2 1/2 cups (375g) self-raising flour, 1 cup (220g) caster sugar and 1/2 cup (90g) cornmeal (polenta) in a large bowl.
- Add 250g butter, melted, 1 orange, rind grated and juiced, 3 eggs and 1/2 cup (125) sour cream. Stir until well combined. Spoon into pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Heat 1 cup (330g) orange breakfast marmalade and 3 tablespoons orange juice in a saucepan over a medium heat until runny. Pour over cake and serve with double cream.
Nutritions of Orange & polenta syrup cakecalories: 596.305 calories
calories: 27 grams fat
calories: 17 grams saturated fat
calories: 79 grams carbohydrates
calories: 46 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 137 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 452.71 milligrams sodium